Monday, March 16, 2009

I want to be your leader (not really)

That's it, I'm starting a new pyramid scheme (religion). Are you in?

In my religion, when you die, you'll get 81 virgins, everlasting life and free refills on all beverages.

I haven't thought it out, fully, but I know that I need some electronic device that will help people realize that they need to start sending me money. I also haven't figured out whether I'm going to claim that aliens or sky fairies are involved. Most importantly, the really absurd stuff like virgin birth, resurrection, etc., I haven't been able to decide on. I really mean "most importantly" because that almost seems a necessity to get people to believe it.

One of my favourite lines is "The miracle of Christianity is that anyone believes that shit."

What I am proposing, however, is a group for people who have similar disbeliefs and are interested in freethought and its promotion/support. I don't want to be the leader - but I will take names and work with a few others to organize a group.

If you live in or around Sarnia and would like to get involved or hear about what we come up with, send an email to skeptic@sarnia.com . Let me know your thoughts, if you have any, on the make-up of a group or some goals you think we should consider.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Minnesota, but I do like free refills!!! :)