Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another post from a fool

A short while ago, a "Rev. Russell Murray" sent a letter to the editor regarding "April Fools' Day" being a holiday for unbelievers. He felt the need to clarify because someone (a Pagan) had a response published.
Sir:Re: S. L. McKellar's letter to the editor published in The Observer on April 3, 2009, entitled "Not all non-Christians are atheists," responding to my letter entitled "April 1 special day for many: reader."
In my letter initially, I made no statement about Christianity and never did I state that April Fools Day be for all non Christians, as S. L. McKellar stated I said. In my letter, I mentioned about "people of faith" having religious holidays, which would include many other "people of faith" besides Christians. People of faith include Muslims, Jews, Mormons, Jehovah Witness, etc. -- any group that believes in God.
What I did state was that the Bible states that "the fool has said in his heart there is no God" and that April Fools Day would be a great holiday for all who are not people of faith.
-- Rev. Russell Murray Sarnia
Awwww.. so much better. I'm sure the non-Christians would be happy to hear that some other religion's man-made book agrees with their belief in their own imaginary god.

With that cleared up, I take back my earlier post. (Take back? I mean, link back.)

Update: As Call Me Paul, points out, "Rev." Russell Murray forgets another part of his wonderful book - Matthew 5:22 - "But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." Happy roasting (in your imaginary hell) you ignorant idiot.